Electric Blanketmobile

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hyperbole and Therapy

Recently I've seen a few funny things on tv. First off, the whole Michael Jackson crap. Clearly it is impossible to convict a rich celebrity. On that note though, I flipped by CNBC or one of those news channels, and some laywer was being interviewed about the whole case. He said, "We have to ignore the use of hyperbowl in this case". Two sentences later, "hyperbowl" again. He actually meant "hyperbole", pronounced "hyperbolee". I was stunned a man being interviewed for his intelligence twice mispronouncing a word like that.

Then there's Alex Rodriguez. He was Sportscenter's "Sunday Conversation" a few weeks ago, and most certainly said, "Therapy is very theraputic". Thanks A-rod! I can't blame him too much though, it seems most sports figures have problems like that (Shaq!!). And he's probably still upset over his cheap shot on Bronson Arroyo in the ALCS last year.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Emily, at 4:56 PM  

  • I say "hyberbowl" pretty often - but I do it deliberately. For some reason I find it entertain to mispronounce some words.

    Another favorite is "buffayed" as in "Roll down you window. I'm being "buffayed" by the wind."

    I'm a dork.

    By Blogger Emily, at 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home